February 10, 2006
UPLOADING your work
QUESTION: How should one upload her sites to her respective ifs or afs space?
1. In FUGU or FETCH: make 2 new folders (naming them "test" and "students" would work well for this assignment ) in your "html" folder (inside the "Public" folder).
2. If the option comes up, choose to make these folders REMOTELY, not LOCALLY.
3. On your computer (LOCALLY, left side in FUGU), find the "web content" folder for your "test" site.
4. Open it.
5. DRAG the contents of the folder (index.html, css, images folder, pages folder) into the REMOTE folder named "test" (or whatever).
6. Don't drag the web content folder itself, just its contents.
7. You can drag all items at one by holding down the "shift" key as you select the individual items.
8. Repeat the process for the "students" site.
9. The resulting urls for your sites should be "http://www-personal.umich.edu/~username/test/index.html" and "http://www-personal.umich.edu/~username/students/index.html"
Posted by phoebeg at February 10, 2006 05:09 PM