April 24, 2008
Doctors Get a Crash Course in Healthful Cooking
From today's Morning Edition on NPR comes a story about a conference to help doctors & health professionals learn to make easy & healthy meals.
A collaboration between Harvard University & the Culinary Institute of America (& including a former chef & current medical student as one of the instructors), the conference was devised as a way to help doctors give their patients concrete advice about changing their eating habits.
April 17, 2008
If you missed "Sick around the World" on PBS this week
you can watch it (or any Frontline program) online at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/
You can look at the entire program or view one chapter at a time.
April 16, 2008
Publishers Sue Georgia State on Digital Reading Matter
From today's New York Times, comes word of a lawsuit that appears to be the first filed over electronic coursepacks.
April 08, 2008
UM Health Sciences Libraries Hosts Trial of New E-Resource AccessMedicine
AccessMedicine offers an integrated collection of clinical and educational resources to help students, residents, clinicians, and researchers keep pace with the changing practice of medicine. Updated and expanded regularly, AccessMedicine provides access to information for completing evaluations, diagnoses, case management decisions, conducting research, medical education, and self-assessment/board review.
Features to investigate:
• Full Access to over 33 online textbooks in the AccessMedicine Clinical Library (including Harrison’s Online and Hurst’s The Heart) and the LANGE Education Library;
• Drug database from Gold Standard with customizable Patient Education handouts;
• USMLEasy: a test preparation/self-assessment feature;
• Preparation for presentations including use of images, video, and audio;
• Quick point-of-care therapy and diagnosis info and differential diagnosis resource;
• Content downloadable to PDA
Please let us know what you think about AccessMedicine before the trial ends on April 30th. Based upon your feedback and our assessment, we will explore different options for providing access to the campus.
Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org before the trial ends on April 30th.