April 08, 2008
UM Health Sciences Libraries Hosts Trial of New E-Resource AccessMedicine
AccessMedicine offers an integrated collection of clinical and educational resources to help students, residents, clinicians, and researchers keep pace with the changing practice of medicine. Updated and expanded regularly, AccessMedicine provides access to information for completing evaluations, diagnoses, case management decisions, conducting research, medical education, and self-assessment/board review.
Features to investigate:
• Full Access to over 33 online textbooks in the AccessMedicine Clinical Library (including Harrison’s Online and Hurst’s The Heart) and the LANGE Education Library;
• Drug database from Gold Standard with customizable Patient Education handouts;
• USMLEasy: a test preparation/self-assessment feature;
• Preparation for presentations including use of images, video, and audio;
• Quick point-of-care therapy and diagnosis info and differential diagnosis resource;
• Content downloadable to PDA
Please let us know what you think about AccessMedicine before the trial ends on April 30th. Based upon your feedback and our assessment, we will explore different options for providing access to the campus.
Send your feedback to email@example.com before the trial ends on April 30th.
Posted by hlook at April 8, 2008 01:36 PM