Kresge Library News: Kresge Business Administration Librarys First Annual Spring Food Drive (April 20-June 10, 2011)
April 19, 2011
Kresge Business Administration Librarys First Annual Spring Food Drive (April 20-June 10, 2011)
Kresge Librarys First Annual Spring Food Drive (April 20-June 10, 2011)
Please join the Kresge Library of the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business as we embark on a springtime food drive for Washtenaw County food banks. We are looking to collect non-perishable food donations that will be distributed to local food banks in June.
We are undertaking this food drive now for two big reasons:
- While many organizations coordinate food drives around the holidays, hunger is a year round problem. Food drives during the spring and summer are less common, but are critical for food banks’ ability to help families in need.
- At Ross, nearly 40% of our students graduate every April and many leave Ann Arbor. A food drive is a great way to lighten your load as you head out with your degree in hand, while helping less fortunate people in Michigan.
We will have drop-off boxes in Kresge Library at the Circulation Desk on the second floor. Boxes will be available from Wednesday April 20, 2011 through Friday June 10, 2011. When choosing items to donate for this drive, please make sure that:
- Food is non-perishable
- Food is in factory-sealed containers
- Food is not expired products
- Please avoid items in glass containers as they can break in transit (though we will try to wrap them)
Food Items in great need include:
- Tuna Fish or other canned fish or meat
- Beef Stew, Meat Soups
- Hearty Soups
- Canned Spaghetti or Pasta
- Beans (kidney, pinto, green, yellow, refried or black beans)
- Baby Food or Formula
- Ensure or other nutritional supplement drinks
- Dry Beans
- Noodles, Macaroni
- Powdered Milk
- Pancake or Baking Mixes
- Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly (in plastic jars)
Many Food Banks also collects unopened personal products including:
- Disposable Razors
If you want to learn more about food banks and hunger in America, you can see this page on the Kresge Wiki:
If you have any questions, please contact Corey Seeman at email@example.com or at 734-764-9969.
Thank you for participating in this new program that we hope will be an annual event at Ross!