September 07, 2006
Mardigian Library E-News for Faculty
The Mardigian library supports your teaching activities and student learning. Bookmark the Faculty Services webpage for easy access to the library tools you need.
- Central Search - Search multiple library resources with one easy search! Try it now.
- The library's website has been revised to include the university's template. Most library webpage addresses remain the same.
- Will your students be writing a term paper? Consider scheduling a Research Education session for your class.
- Don't have time in your busy course syllabus? Encourage students to attend Research Education open sessions offered at the library several times per semester.
- Our website resources are available anytime, anywhere.
- Consider adding library information to your syllabus.
- Check out Library News to learn about new resources and more.
- For no hassle, convenient access to a librarian, contact one:
August 28, 2006
Research Education - Schedule Fall Sessions Now
The Library Research Education program provides course-related instruction that can help your students learn how to do academic research. Librarians can work with you to develop a session that can include:
- Demonstrations of Central Search, a new tool that allows researchers to search multiple library databases simultaneously,
- Individual resources from the 150+ research databases provided by the library,
- Searching skills so students are able to use the research tools more effectively,
- Evaluating information resources to help students learn to distinguish appropriate academic resources from the flood of web pages and other sources available,
- And much more...
We look forward to working with you!