July 28, 2009
Scopus Database now Available Again
All 3 UM campuses have access to Scopus database again at http://www.scopus.com or access it through SearchTools.
Scopus is an international multi-disciplinary indexing & abstracting database for scientific, medical, technical, and social sciences. Coverage includes journals, patents, and websites (18,000+ titles) from 5,000+ publishers.
It also searches some of the Arts and humanities CSA databases which include
* ARTBibliographies Modern, back to 1974
* DAAI: Design and Applied Art Index, back to 1973
* Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts, back to 1962
* Sociological Abstracts, back to 1952
* World Wide Political Science Abstracts, back to 1975
* Social Service Abstracts, back to 1979
You can do cited reference searching, citation analysis, get h-factor for authors, journal analyzing, etc.
Access demos and tutorials online at http://www.info.scopus.com/setup/promo/
Posted by betsywil at July 28, 2009 04:11 PM