Top Ten Job/Internship Resources for SI Students
SI Career Services recommends using a variety of resources for your job and internship search. Past MSI Employment Reports have shown that job and internship searches have been most successful when at least two to three resources were utilized throughout a search.
1. SI Student-Alumni Network / UM Alumni Network
2. iTrack - Check the Archived Employer Contact Information under the iTrack Jobs Tab for listings of additional contact information and job and internships posted in past years
3. Past SI-MSI Student's Intenships Listings
4. Hoover's (see blog below on how to use and benefits)
5. Networking with SI Faculty (and other UM Faculty)
6. UM Student Employment Web Site
7. Industry or function Listservs - Below is just a sampling of what's out there:
ACM SIGCHI CHI-Jobs Mailing List
Society of American Archivists
8. National Job Search Boards -- but not Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com. Use Vertical Search Engine Job Boards:
Indeed.com SimplyHired.com Jobster.com
9. Ann Arbor Chamber of Commerce Member Directory / Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce Member Directory
Use these lists like Hoover's -- not for jobs, but to expand your knowledge of what employers are close by.
10. LinkedIn Join the U-M School of Information Group. Invite everyone that you know!
If you have something that you want to add, please do! Kelly
Posted by kkowatch at April 3, 2007 09:59 AM