« Its Graduation Day! | Main | Opportunity with Boston Consulting Group for Student w/ Advanced Degrees »

Working, Studying, or Traveling Abroad this Summer?

If you are working, traveling, or studying abroad this summer, then you should check out the Travel Insurance offered by UM. This is a great benefit, that for only about $1 per day, you really can't really turn down. See below for more information...

This important message includes announcements of two new University of Michigan programs offered through the University Health Service (UHS) for staying healthy while traveling abroad.

1) UM-UHS TRAVEL ABROAD HEALTH INSURANCE--see http://www.uhs.umich.edu/tai for information

If you're traveling abroad soon, be sure to sign up for this University-sponsored health insurance coverage!

Signing up takes just a few minutes and is done online at http://www.umich.edu/~itoc (click on "Travel Registration/Purchase Health Insurance for Travel Abroad").

After you fill out & submit your travel itinerary, you'll be directed to the HTH insurance site where you may purchase the University of Michigan Travel Abroad Health Insurance and pay for it with your credit card.

U-M students, staff and faculty who are traveling abroad may purchase this special health insurance coverage. The coverage is very inexpensive ($1 per day plus a $5 registration fee) and provides health insurance coverage while abroad of up to $500,000, as well as emergency medical assistance and access to English-speaking doctors abroad for all health care needs.

Individuals may sign up as above.

If you are part of a group traveling abroad, consider requiring this coverage for all members--many University organizations have made the smart decision to do so. Please contact Karen Klever at (tel. 734-764-5182) for directions on group registration.

She and Bill Nolting (tel.734-647-2299) can answer any questions about the Travel Abroad Health Insurance.

Karen Klever, Chair (University Health Service) and Bill Nolting, Co-Chair (International Center), Travel Abroad Health Insurance Committee

2) UM-UHS ONLINE TRAVEL HEALTH SERVICES-- http://www.uhs.umich.edu/services/travel/

(This is a separate service from the Health Insurance program above-- you may sign up for each separately).

This message pertains to use of travel health services at University Health Service (UHS) on the Ann Arbor campus.

UHS requires patients to complete an online travel health program before

scheduling travel health services (such as inoculations & prescriptions for travel medications).

This program will help patients:

* Make the best use of their travel health visit
* Learn to protect themselves from major health risks of travel
* Make informed decisions before, during, and after traveling

The program will also allow UHS to accommodate growing demand for travel health services.

Please direct students to our webpage on travel health services at

GRADUATING? -- Note that even if you are graduating, you are eligible to purchase this special U-M travel abroad health insurance, at least until the next academic year starts in September.

You may purchase the insurance online. It takes just a few minutes.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about going abroad, Including opportunities still available for study, work, & volunteering.

We are open our regular hours, Mondays-Fridays 8 AM - 5 PM.

Wishing you safe travels wherever you are heading, Bill Nolting, tel. 734-647-2299, U-M International Center, http://internationalcenter.umich.edu/swt

Posted by kkowatch at April 28, 2008 04:14 PM


Login to leave a comment. Create a new account.