This Month at The Career Center for Graduate Students January 2010
Welcome to the New Year (and the new decade!). The start of 2010 brings some new things and some traditional activities at The Career Center. Click on the links on the left to learn more about what’s happening at The Career Center.
Winter Career Expo
Our Winter Expo is a great way to network with organizations and continue your job and internship search! We expect 50+ organizations and 1000+ students to participate in the event. Use Expo to:
* Connect with organizations conducting on-campus interviews
* Meet with employers ot discuss full-time positions
* Learn about internship opportunities
* Build networks to expand your job search efforts
Visit Winter Career Expo this year:
2:00–6:00 p.m., Michigan Union
Learn more about the Expo, including
a list of participating organizations,
from The Career Center’s website.
The Career Center officially rolled out its new website in January 2010. Our site is designed to provide helpful information to students at every stage of their academic process, with a new format that we hope will make finding that information easier. As graduate students, consider using our site in a couple different ways:
* The overall site provides information generally useful to all students. Find information here about topics like career- and self-assessment, finding jobs and internships, preparing for your search, and Career Center events.
* We also offer information specific to graduate students. Whether you are a master’s student, or a doctoral student pursuing an academic career or options beyond the tenure track, you’ll find information specific to your situation.
The Career Center launched two new blogs this year to support career planning for doctoral students.
* If you are on the academic job market this year, or considering an academic job search in the future, you’ll find lots of information to support your search on the academic job search blog.
* Check out our blog on career options for PhDs if you are considering or pursuing career options beyond the tenure track.
We hope you’ll visit our blogs, and join in the conversation.
Posted by kkowatch at January 12, 2010 04:26 PM