Ready for the Recovery UM Alumni Association Event - Washington, D.C.
2010 Career Events from the Alumni Association
Ready for the Recovery? Make 2010 Your Best Career Year
Thursday, April 1, 2010
5:30-6:30 p.m. – Registration and Networking (appetizers and cash bar available)
6:30-7:30 p.m. – Ready for Recovery? Make 2010 Your Best Career Year 7:30-8:30 p.m. – Professional Networking
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
2300 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
Additional information is at http://alumni.umich.edu/jobs/career-events
Whether you’re looking to make a career move or land a new job opportunity, this event focuses on providing you with career insights and ideas in a highly interactive format. When the economy starts to turn around, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
In this program, you’ll:
• Understand why no amount of skill and talent alone can create your career success—it’s relationships that really count
• Create and use a simple system for reaching out to new people over and over so that the well never runs dry
• Learn how to network when you hate to network and reach out to new people even when you’re feeling shy
• Learn how to build a reputation for yourself that reflects your real capabilities
• Understand how to develop your expertise and become a resource and go-to person in your field
• Create output—a system for letting others (including your managers and recruiters) see your capabilities on a regular basis
FREE for Alumni Association members with advance registration, $10 for nonmembers and day of the event walk-ups.
Elizabeth Freedman is an award winning speaker and business columnist, and is the author of “Work 101: Learning the Ropes of the Workplace without Hanging Yourself” and “The MBA Student’s Job-Seeking Bible.” She runs a Boston-based communications and career development firm that helps professionals look sharp, sound smart, and succeed on the job. Clients include The Gillette Company/Procter & Gamble, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Thomson Reuters. She is a contributor to Collegeboard.com and TopMBA.com, where she writes about work and life choices for students and new professionals, and is a marketing lecturer at Dominican University and Peace Corps volunteer.
Laura Turner| Director of Alumni Education
Alumni Association of the University of Michigan | 200 Fletcher St | Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1007
direct 734.764.3153 | toll free 800.847.4764 |email@example.com| www.umalumni.com
Posted by kkowatch at March 29, 2010 09:57 AM