New Business Pitch Competition - Entrepreneurship Funding
EIC First Annual New Business Pitch Competition
The Eastside Innovation Campus partners are committed to fostering and supporting entrepreneurship in Eastern Washtenaw County. The EIC First Annual Pitch Competition will showcase five innovation-based entrepreneurs and will provide the winner of the pitch competition a number of gifts and services to support their venture including a one year incubator lease at SPARK East and up to $50,000 in business acceleration services. The pitch competition will be judged by a panel of noted funding and business experts. Applications to be selected to compete in the 1st annual EIC new business pitch competition are due by COB May 14th. Selected competitors will be notified by e-mail or phone by May 21st.
Time: 3:30 PM-6:30 PM
3:30-4:00 pm - Registration and check-in
4:00-4:30 pm - Pitch Competition
4:30-5:00 pm - Community entrepreneur resource overview (during competition judging)
5:00-5:15 pm - Winner’s announced and pitch critique
5:15-6:30 pm - Networking reception
6:30-midnight - Crossroads Music Festival and First Friday activities in downtown Ypsilanti
215 W. Michigan Ave.
Ann Arbor MI 48104
Ann Arbor SPARK, Eastern Michigan University, MI-SBTDC, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Chamber, PTAC, Washtenaw County, Ypsilanti CVB, Michigan Works!/etcs
To apply for consideration for the pitch competition you must complete the following:
Additional information for Pitch applicants:
* The ONLINE APPLICATION is due by COB May 14th
* Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected by May 21st.
* Business pitch will be up to 3 minutes in length, and will be judged on identification and articulation of market need, how the product meets the need and business model .
* Pitches will be reviewed by a panel of judges that include members of the startup and investment community.
* Pitches will be done in front of an audience, and media coverage of the event is expected.
* The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the competing companies:
o Business Model
o Understanding of customer need
o Differentiation of this product from existing solution
o The winner of this competition must register as a Michigan business and establish the SPARK East Incubator, 215 W. Michigan Ave., Ypsilanti, MI 48197, as your primary business location. Business Acceleration services will be provided in accordance with current business accelerator processes, in an amount up to $50,000 and at the sole discretion of Ann Arbor SPARK. You also agree that all photography, video and media generated as a participant of the EIC pitch competition can be used for public distribution and at SPARK’s discretion and that SPARK will be held harmless from any negative action resulting from the EIC Pitch Competition. You have been informed of SPARK's conflict of interest policies.
* Ann Arbor SPARK Business Acceleration Services up to $50,000
* One year tenancy at the SPARK East business incubator
* Additional start-up support services provided by EIC partners
Posted by kkowatch at May 3, 2010 04:08 PM