This Week at SI-CDO - Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Welcome New Students & Welcome Back Continuing Students!
The SI Career Development Office CDO looks forward to working with you this year as you pursue your career goals. Every Friday you will receive a weekly announcement from our office that will include event/program publicity for the following week, reminders to RSVP via iTrack, along with other helpful resources and tips as your start on your career journey.
Come and check out our new offices! We are located in 3360 NQ!
To set up an appointment for an individual career counseling session contact:
• Joanna Kroll, Sr. Associate Director of Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org (full time job seekers)
• Kelly Kowatch, Assistant Director of Career Development at email@example.com (internship seekers)
• NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED Shamille Orr, Career Development Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org (any general CDO questions!)
iTrack Updates & Announcements
• Register on iTrack (SI’s online recruitment system). For now, just create your profile, and start to become familiar with the system. You will quickly find out that the CDO uses iTrack for all job/internship postings and CDO event RSVPs.
Register here: http://www.si.umich.edu/careers/students.htm
• Update your iTrack profiles
To learn more about iTrack and how you can use it in your job search, view our helpful (and brief) How-To videos at http://www.si.umich.edu/careers/students.htm
Part-Time Job Search Advising
Thursday, Sept 9th AND Friday, Sept 10th
Learn tips, strategies and resources for landing a part-time job on campus or with a local organization.
CDO Walk-in Hours
Wednesday, Sept 8th
9:30-10:30 AND 1:30-2:30
Kelly and Joanna plan on hanging out in the student lounge each week for a few hours to be available for any of those “quick” questions you might have about your job or internship search. We will announce our hours in every newsletter as they may vary from week to week. Come and see us if you have a brief question or need a quick resume review—or just want to say hi and tell us about your summer!
NEW! Online Career Chat Sessions
Watch for dates/times in our next newsletter!
We realize that many of you may be too busy to stop in to see us or come to all of our programs, so we’re making it easier for you to connect with us so that we can answer any of your career-related questions and concerns. We will hold these online chat sessions in the evenings throughout the semester through ctools.
Watch for publicity soon!
RSVP for upcoming CDO events:
We are offering many workshops and programs this semester to help arm you with the toolkit to successfully navigate through your internship or job search. Below are just a few of them. For a comprehensive list of all of our events this semester, view the iTrack calendar of events—and sign-up. Don’t worry… if you can’t attend a workshop, we will make most of the information available on our website—or just make an appointment to get the information. Watch for publicity!
• Sep 9 Introduction to iTrack
• Sep 10 Introduction to iTrack
• Sep 17 International Internship Search Workshop
• Sep 21 Job Search Resources and Networking Tips
• Sep 23 Yahoo! Presentation
• Sep 24 Resume Writing Workshop
• Sep 27 Sapient Presentation
• Sep 28 Menlo Innovations Presentation
• Sep 28 Google Presentation
• Sep 29 ISKME Presentation
• Sep 29 Career Exploration Information Series
• Sep 30 Cover Letter Writing Workshop
*Sign-up/RSVP through iTrack is required for most CDO events.
We are looking forward to working with all of our students this semester! Please contact our office with any questions about careers or PEP information at email@example.com.
Posted by kkowatch at September 7, 2010 10:00 AM