Funding for Internships & Research Abroad Workshop & Foreign Language Careers Panel
Two internationally-oriented events going on this week at UM as part of the International Career Pathways Series. If you are at all considering an international internship next summer, attending the Funding for International Internships and Research Abroad workshop is an event you should highly consider attending.
ICP: Funding for Internships and Research Abroad
Tuesday, September 28
4:00 to 5:30 PM
1120 Weill Hall (Ford School building)
Representatives of U-M offices that offer funding for internships and research abroad will provide information on grant opportunities and give tips for successful applications. Most of the funding opportunities that will be presented are open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
ICP: Career Opportunities for Foreign Language Students
Wednesday September 29
Modern Languages Building Lecture Room #1
Do you love studying languages and cultures, but are you worried what you'll "do with it" after graduation? Attend this panel for ideas about how you can put your interest in language to work.
• Rachael Criso (Romance Languages)
• Alexis Gould (UM Peace Corps Office)
• Bill Nolting (International Center)
• Brad Farnsworth (Director, Center for International Business Education)
• Errol Wint (The Career Center)
• Laura Grande (Asian Languages and Literature)
• Jan Afonso (LSA Academic Advising)
• Armando E. M. Reyes (International Field Experience, School of Public Health)
Presented by LSA Academic Advising, the Language Resource Center, the Career Center, and the International Center
These programs are UM International Career Pathways events.
Posted by kkowatch at September 27, 2010 10:23 AM