expoSItion 2011 registration is open -- win big cash prizes!
It’s that time of the year when SI is gearing up for one of our biggest events of the year, the annual exposition 2011! And we NEED YOU (STUDENTS) to participate by exhibiting a project in March. We are thrilled to announce that corporate sponsorship and support for this event (John Deere Foundation) allows us to offer YOU the opportunity to win THE BIGGEST CASH AWARDS we’ve ever had!
If you would like more information or just want to learn more about the types of projects that have been exhibited in the past, come by the expoSItion Information Session on Friday, January 21st from 12-1, 2245 NQ. The expo planning committee will be available to answer any and all questions you might have.
WHAT is the expoSItion? An annual SI event where students exhibit projects to potential employers, peers, prospective students, faculty and UM community.
WHO participates? SI Masters and PhD students
• Showcase SI’s talent to the public!
• Network with potential employers for internship or job opportunities! The SI Networking Fair takes place just before the expo. MOST of those employers also attend the exposition.
• Help recruit prospective students to the program by showing them all the cool stuff we do here!
• Hone your presentation skills—which will be valuable for upcoming conferences or for your job search!
• Win some BIG money! (Monetary gifts will be awarded to the best project presentations)
Overall best project presentation:
1st prize- $1,500
2nd prize- $1,000
3rd prize- $500
Honorable Mention (2)- $100 (John Deere Foundation is sponsoring the Best Overall Project Presentations)
• If all that isn’t enough…free food!
WHEN: Monday, March 28th from 12:00-2:00
WHERE: Michigan League – Hussey Room
Expo Project Award Eligibility: All expo projects must…
• Be initiated and carried out primarily by SI students
• Be presented at the SI expoSItion, March 28th, 12:00-2:00
• Be related to the SI curriculum
WHAT kind of project can you exhibit?
• Individual or group projects
• Any SI Course Project- (and not just HCI courses!) Past projects have come from: 622, 601, 618, 572, 623, 501, 644, 647, 508, 649, 580, 581, 655, 692, any iPol course and more!
• Internships- If you participated in a summer internship (SI 681), you could easily create a poster detailing your experience or a project you worked on
• Independent Research Projects
• Conference Posters—Planning on presenting a poster at an upcoming conference? If so, you SHOULD DEFINITELY consider exhibiting the same poster at the expo!
• Projects do not have to be complete to exhibit them. Work-in progress is just fine and actually presents nicely at the expo! You can present on what you have done so far and what you plan to do.
All project presentations are voted on by the audience and are based on the following: most attractive display, best presentation, most innovative topic, most applicable to the real world.
To view expo projects from last year, go to http://www.si.umich.edu/exposition--
Space is limited (first-registered, first served!) Deadline to register is March 20th! Registration is now open http://www.si.umich.edu/stulife/expo-register.htm!
Register by March 20th to have your resume included in a Resume Collection that will be provided to all employers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Posted by shamille at January 18, 2011 01:53 PM