April 16, 2010
Position at Urban Science
Contract - Analytical Services Associate
Urban Science is a Global consulting firm that advises auto manufacturers to optimize their retail sales and distribution channels by providing market analysis and software tools for managing retail networks and customer relationships.
This 6-month contract position will focus on performing market studies for the client base that is supported by our Detroit office in order to determine optimal dealer network solutions. Urban Science MarketSmarts(r) software and Dealer Network Analysis Process (DNAP) will be used to determine the most advantageous location, number, and performance for the client's dealers. The individual in this role would be required to leverage his or her technical skills to independently execute these high quality solutions for our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conduct reactive market studies to determine optimal network
performance within a local market area, based on existing networks
and/or green field opportunities.
2. Perform national market studies to determine optimal networks based on
location, number and performance of dealers.
3. Use Urban Science MarketSmarts(r) software and the Dealer Network
Analysis Process (DNAP) to analyze data from the following sources:
vehicle registrations, demographics, unemployment rates, economic
4. Provide general help desk support; including but not limited to
answering questions regarding registration data, geography, maps,
reports, and Microsoft products (Excel, Access, Word).
5. Provide general staffing support including but not limited to creating
general business reports, presentations, etc. as customer market
representation department management may request.
6. Plan, organize, develop and deliver client-requested projects and ad
hoc requests within in prescribed time schedule. The client-requested
projects and requests will be used to enhance dealer retail network
7. Use SQL Server to extract and manipulate data by writing queries,
joining data sources, etc.
8. Track, process, analyze and verify data using Microsoft products.
9. Adhere to quality control standards for Urban Science and the client.
10. Other duties as assigned.
More details about this position can be found online at
Posted by kshedden at April 16, 2010 06:01 PM