November 23, 2010
Graduate programs at Univ. Colorado-Denver
The Mathematical and Statistical Sciences Department at the University of Colorado at Denver is actively recruiting students for its M.S. and Ph.D. programs. We anticipate a significant number of open graduate assistantships this year and are eager to identify promising students interested in pursuing a M.S. or Ph.D. in applied mathematics.
Our program features:
* Vibrant research groups in Computational Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Operations Research, Finite Geometry, Probability, Statistics, Computational Biology and Mathematics Education.
* High faculty-to-student ratios, enabling students to develop close working relationships with their advisors.
* Opportunities for collaborations with local industry and national laboratories through our Math Clinic Program, our Statistical Consulting Workshop and Statistical Consulting Service.
* Financial support for Ph.D. students (over 75% of our Ph.D. students receive financial support).
* Centers for Computational Mathematics and Computational Biology, which provide opportunities for students to explore multidisciplinary research collaborations.
Our college is strongly committed to the promotion of diversity. We have a number of assistantships specific to underrepresented populations.
Needless to say, there is the additional attraction of living at the foot of the Rocky Mountains! Further information on our program is available at math.ucdenver.edu, on the University of Colorado at www.ucdenver.edu/ and on Denver at www.denver.org.
Stephanie A. Santorico, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
Posted by kshedden at November 23, 2010 05:50 PM