January 10, 2006
Who am I? What do I do?
- Telephone and email consulting for 764-HELP
- Anti-virus support as a member of the UM Virus Busters team
- Administering the campus FootPrints request-tracking system
- System administration for 764-HELP, including maintaining the Terminal Server environment we use
- Application and tools development for 764-HELP and other User Services groups
I work in both Windows and Linux environments for the tools we use and I support/develop, depending on what suits our needs. 764-HELP consultants use thin client computing, tied to Windows Terminal Servers to access these tools, allowing them to use the Intel and Macintosh computers at their stations to reproduce customer problems without fear of losing access to their tools or call notes.
Most of the tools I develop or maintain are written in Perl, with a judicious amount of shell scripting thrown in where approriate.
Posted by awilkins at January 10, 2006 11:38 AM
Your forgot to mention that you're also cute as a button!
Posted by: cohenj at January 10, 2006 12:15 PMLogin to leave a comment. Create a new account.