December 13, 2011
Alissa R. Bleecker
• To obtain a position as a Case Manager position.
• University of Michigan, School of Social Work, Ann Arbor, MI
Masters in Social Work: Interpersonal Practice and Mental Health
Expected graduation: December 2012
• Overall GPA: 7.8/8.0
• Albion College, Albion, MI
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2011
Concentration: Secondary Education
• Major & Overall GPA: 3.8/4.0
• Dean’s List every semester
• Who’s Who Among American Scholars 2011
Case Manager Intern
Assertive Community Treatment: Ypsilanti Team, Ann Arbor, MI. January-December 2012
• Engaged clients in person-centered treatment planning and individual therapy sessions.
• Monitored as a case load of 70 clients set-up and took daily medications.
• Conducted daily mental status exams, periodic progress reviews, and updated annual Biopsychosocial Assessments.
• Coordinated client care with Primary Care Physicians and utilized community resources.
• Assessed clients for suicidal and homicidal risk.
• Led and created thematic projects for Art Group.
• Advocated for client’s to maintain independent living and to receive appropriate state and federal benefits and resources.
Jackson High School, Jackson, MI. January 2011-April 2011
• Taught three Junior English classes, Mythology, and Shakespeare for 14 weeks.
• Implemented state teaching standards while fostering student creativity.
• Practiced conflict management and positive reinforcement.
• Planned and implemented daily lessons and made real world connections.
Mental Health Practitioner Intern
Oak Lawn Psychiatric Hospital, Marshall, MI. May-August 2010
• Assisted with group therapy at an inpatient and partial hospitalization program.
• Maintained patient goals though-out the day at each facility.
• Observed intakes, family sessions, individual therapy sessions and after-care planning meetings.
• Observed and contributed to treatment team meetings.
Albion College Residential Life, Albion, MI, August 2008-May 2010
• Planned 16 educational and social programs each year which helped 30 upperclassmen students build a community while learning about health and safety.
• Enforced college policies and ensured student safety by doing rounds in the building and socializing with students on a regular basis.
• Interviewed potential Resident Assistant applicants for the 2009-2010 academic school year and evaluated leadership qualities.
YMCA of McHenry County, McHenry, IL, Summer 2008
• Won “Counselor of the Summer” award based on leadership skills and interactions with the campers.
• Supervised a group of 20 second grade students with one other co-counselor, and supervised 120 other campers during all camp activities.
• Implemented and incorporated the YMCA’s four core values (honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility) into daily activities to enhance camper’s social and civic awareness.
• Improved each camper’s distinct personality through positive feedback and motivated campers to participate in sports, crafts, and swimming to increase self-esteem and confidence.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE:
Crew Member, Family Video, Marshall, MI, April 2010-September 2010
Intern, Oak Lawn Psychiatric Hospital, Marshall, MI, June 2010-July 2010
Cashier, Best Buy, Crystal Lake, IL, June 2006 – May 2007
• Won Most Valuable Employee in Fall 2006.
Crew Member, Wendy’s, Crystal Lake, IL, May 2005 – June 2006
Volunteer, Big Brother/Big Sister, 2007 – present
• Mentored a fourteen year old girl and spent 10 hours with her each month to increase her confidence and sense of self.
Member, Psi Chi Psychology Honor Fraternity
Member, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Fraternity
COMPUTER SKILLS: SPSS statistical analysis program, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
LANGUAGES: Semi-Proficient in Spanish.
PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE: http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/~desolada/
Posted by desolada at December 13, 2011 10:29 AM
As everybody could see from this post, in this field there are a lot of opportunities to find a good job and make a career!
Posted by: email@example.com at January 5, 2012 09:41 AMLogin to leave a comment. Create a new account.