April 18, 2006
Research on Impact of Proposition 209
Higher Education, Diversity, and Access
Call for Papers
(1) understanding the impact of Proposition 209 on the University of California;
(2) analyzing whether and how conditions can be improved within the limits of 209;
(3) understanding the impact of Proposition 209 beyond the University of California;
(4) examining the desirability and feasibility of amending or repealing Proposition 209.
* Earl Warren Institute on Race, Ethnicity and Diversity - UC Berkeley
* The Civil Rights Project at Harvard University
* Center for Latino Policy Research
* UC California Policy Research Center
* Center for Studies in Higher Education
April 02, 2006
Educational Justice Wants To Visit Detroit
A group of graduate students from the School of Education at the University of Michigan set up the Educational Justice blog. This space will serve for discussing the way in which the SoE graduate programs can play a role in promoting equity and social justice in the Detroit Public Schools.