April 08, 2009
Sunrise ME News Update: Princess Day
Hi, everyone. Just a quick update from this morning's blog post: http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/~jaselin/archives/2009/04/sunrise_me_news.html#more
The "Princess Day" project became a reality today. I know of eight people who helped put this project together, but I think there were probably a few more. A friend told me, I told a friend, she told a friend, and so on.
Delivered to our honoree:
* Handmade cards personally signed by:
Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, Bambi & Thumper & Flower, Mickey, and Minnie. Thank you to the ladies who gave up their lunch hours two days in a row. You do great work!
* A gorgeous 12 page handmade Disney princess picture scrapbook with stickers, gems, and personal notes from the princesses. Thanks to the two ladies who stayed up all night making this beautiful book, and then called and delivered it to me at 4:30 am! Bless you.
* An awesome 3-dimensional, pink foam board princess castle, hand created and decorated: a little under two foot tall and wide - one special lady with lots of help from a husband. She also made the delivery.
* A handmade, cheerfully colored pillow case - from our organizer, catalyst, and the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She was also responsible for:
* 3 wooden coloring board cut outs and markers - 1 for our little patient and 1 for each sibling
* Balloons for our patient and siblings
* and probably some stuff I don't know about...
Lots of people, lots of heart, two days effort, priceless memories. I'm honored to know you all.
Additional update from our deliverer: "Our 'princess' was just waking from a nap when I got there. She loved EVERYTHING, especially the M & M'S. She didn't want to share them with her siblings, but she did. Her mom read her the scrap book, which was beautiful. She loved the pillow case. The cards were awsome. Thank you to every one who contributed."
Posted by jaselin at April 8, 2009 01:08 PM