October 20, 2009
Action Plan Mid-Late July
JK: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:21 AM
Howdy sunshine! Got the announcement email out late last night, but not without severely torturing your husband first. Have good day!
KM: You are the bomb…..
JK: email text:
Just wanted to let you know that Get In The Car volunteer coordinators are actively seeking team members for two consecutive October 2009 Gulf Coast recovery missions.
We are also looking for opportunities on speak on behalf of GITC’s Gulf Coast efforts. The presentation is approximately 1/2 hour including speaker & power point presentation. We are available weekday evenings and all day on weekends.
- Week # 1: Departs Saturday, October 3rd, returns to Michigan Sunday, October 11th. (Team Leaders: Kathy & Jodi)
- Week # 2: Departs Saturday, October 10th, returns to Michigan Sunday, October 18th. (Team Leader: Eric)
- (If you are available, a commitment for both of the two weeks would be welcome!)
- Estimated Missionary Investment per Person will be $160.00
- One pre-departure meeting for both teams is scheduled for Saturday, September 19th.
- Accommodations in Louisiana will be at the new North Shore Disaster Recovery Aldersgate Center in Slidell.
- Printable applications are available at http:/www.getinthecar.org.
The Get In The Car Spirit’s Fire Bike Ride annual fund raiser on August 29th will be sponsored by St. Matthews in Livonia this year. Trail location will be restricted bicycle only hour on Hines Drive. For more information contact email@example.com.
With opportunities and blessings, Kathy, Jodi, and Eric.
Being "the bomb" was accompanied by a bit of fall-out. I forgot to blind carbon copy everyone, which seemed to result in a few people asking to have themselves removed from our mailing list. Nothing in their requests actually indicated that was the catalyst, though that is my fear. Perhaps it was just bad timing, and that would have happened eventually, anyway. Levels of commitment change.
Still I berate myself for missing that detail because, yes, it's a pet peeve of mine to find myself on a non-blind mass list.
Posted by jaselin at October 20, 2009 01:09 PM