October 22, 2007
Work in the last month
Oish. It's been a month since I added a new blog entry. Here's what I've been doing:
1. Developing the data processing page, out of recommendations from the MWG and the SWG. The "date" field was definitely, um, the most fun.
2. Providing feedback on the designs provided by Citrus. I'll admit this has been difficult without seeing the search portal, as it currently works on UIUC's server, married to the design.
3. Cleaning up the 41 Collection Registry entries for Tom so that he could populate the "browse collections" page. Grabbed images for each collection (set) while I was at it for that page.
4. Cleaning up the rest of the registry... This will take me at least a couple more months. I hope to finish it by the end of the year. I am specifically looking at the following:
- title matches the main site page
- additional titles, sub-titles, etc. are added as necessary
- URL works? can't find it using Google? (if not, collection gets deleted)
- format types and objects represented added
- collection description tweaked to be as correct as possible
- tweaking subject fields, if already exist
Things I am not doing: adding language, number of digitized objects, geographic/temporal periods, extensive subjects. I would think that after I clean the records up, those responsible should access the registry and either a) suggest changes or b) make the changes themselves.