November 18, 2008
Cool & Useful Resources at UM
- Digital Commons
a) Discounted hardware and software (free antivirus sw)
b) Technical Support for your computer c) Macs at a discount!
- Airbus/Mbus ($7 rides to the airport)
- Career Center (SI's Career Services AND the UofM Career Center are at your disposal)
- Recreational buildings (CCRB, IMSB, NCRB) AND Fitness classes
- Rackham Graduate Student Events. This is a great way to expand your network and meet people outside our department!
- SEGSI (library resources for grad students)
- Happy Hour at the University Unions cafes (3-6 on Friday) Okay...maybe this is only cool if you're hungry, on campus Friday afternoons and looking for a deal...hahaha I don't think I'd PLAN to attend this...but good to know anyway right?! ;p Oh, they also sponsor other events like a great poetry slam and more.
- Students Organizations...there are many
- MLK Day Events (There are TONS of events and they are quality)
- Free AATA bus rides (public transportation) with UM ID!
- Discounts on Cultural/Art Events
- Ticketmaster is in the Michigan Union
- Affordable parking options for grad students. I paid ~$100 for a blue&orange parking permit for the whole year.
- Northwood Apartments - inexpensive on-campus housing for graduate students.
- The Blue Bus - UM shuttle to all parts of campus! Check out the Magic Bus too. (beware...be at the stop 5min before it says it will be there ;)
This is by NO means exhaustive! Cheers.
Posted by krosalia at November 18, 2008 01:28 PM