January 27, 2006
Apple Podcasting Class: At the Dude
This is a good class to take. John Hickey, Apple Systems Engineer was the instructor.
Some take aways for me:
1. Export in QuicktimePro as Mpeg4 BUT name it as .m4a instead of mp4 (the default).
2. I used to think that podcasting directions is a silly thing to do. But!!! Found some useful insight:
Podcast for Directions: Why not silly -
- prevents nausea
- allows people to use their attention properly
- idea of a professor who 'read' his coursepack to
3. The itpc:// protocol was something new. This was the question running through my heart last evening "How the heck do I cut down a user's step of copying and pasting the podcast URL. Whoa!!! Apple has Internet Explorer obeying the itpc protocol to launch iTunes! That was an eye opener. - This should be included in the podcasting workshop.
4. Other good stuff:
Podcast Interviewing: the new iLife has integrated iChat (4 videos at a time), Garageband, iPhoto etc etc. This is fantastic stuff, really.
Garageband: Very efficient and easy production of enhanced podcasts! Mind blowing, sire. Photo syncing, automatic ducking (lowing bg music when speaker speaks, jingles, canned loops).
5. The iMac photo presentation (and the reflection effects) are done using latest AJAX technology.
6. Profcast - what I din't know was the ability of a presenter to switch between presentations while creating an enhanced profcast. Keynote and Profcast integration was quite good.
Posted by rdivecha at January 27, 2006 01:48 PM