April 06, 2006
WIPTE 2006: Ubiquitous Presenter - Classroom Presenter
Classroom Presenter & Ubiquitous Presenter
-- Very Hot technology!
-- Eliminates the need for clickers!
-- feedback is instant, anonymous, and
-- Very similar to centra's functionality with whiteboard and annotated slides
-- includes polling and instantaeous graphing of responses
-- Ubiquitous presentor is independent of ConferenceXP
-- Its a Java based technology (push tech?).
-- Instantaneous feedback is OK unless the cognitive load of the feedback on the instructor does not disable him!
Ubiquitous Presenter at UV
- Web based networking
- Supports PDA, Laptop, Cellphone,
- 3 Second polling
- They are providing server for use right now!!! http://up.ucsd.edu
- Summer they will release code for setting up our own server.
- Abilty to review later stroke by stroke
- Stores instructor work as well as student work.
- Ink – Requires Java
- Text Only version – enter text in boxes and move it around.
- Multiple choice – pop quizzes
- Student have the option of engagement:
Paper – SIGCSE paper available through their digital library – GET IT
THEY WANT COLLABORATORS in various disciplines
No statistics yet on learning evaluation, they are open to collaborate on student learning.
Page hits increase steeply during the mid-terms. Actually 2 days before… and really between 12am and 9am before the midterm. – People are using it in CS classes in UCSD.
The review does not include audio, but they are interested in collaborating with people who could work with them to build those capabilities.
Interesting: Students go back and review other student submissions because they want to see how level is their playing field. They go back and see other student's submissions and gain self efficacy.
Posted by rdivecha at April 6, 2006 11:45 AM